< Back to Blog
Queso Fundido with Chorizo in a Pumpkin
This holiday season when pumpkins are everywhere and the weather is chilly, give these Queso Fundido with Chorizo Pumpkins a try. These adorable mini pumpkins will be the hit of your next fall gathering.
Nothing screams, “eat me” more than melted delicious cheese! Just think about every time you grab a fresh out-of the-oven slice of pizza and that mouth-watering cheese stretches in your hands. It’s so melty and gooey! But when you combine melted cheese with some browned chorizo, it just becomes magic in your mouth. They work so well together
You want to serve the queso fundido hot and straight from the oven with bread, tortilla chips, vegetables, or anything you are craving. Be sure you scrape around the pumpkin’s inside and get a mixture of the queso fundido and pumpkin, because that combo is what really tastes amazing!
Your guests will go gaga when bring these gorgeous pumpkins to the table. I know my guests were so into them and complimented me on how adorable they were. But be warned, these Queso Fundido with Chorizo Pumpkins are deliciously addicting.
Note: Click the 'Products' tab above to learn more about the Cacique ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the 'Find Stores' tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
Queso Fundido with Chorizo in a PumpkinServes 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 4 mini pumpkins
- 2 cups Cacique® Queso Manchego, grated
- 2 cups Cacique® Queso Oaxaca, shredded
- 1 - 8oz Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- 2 jalapeños, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and stir until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the jalapenos and stir, until the jalapenos soften, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the Cacique® Queso Manchego and the Cacique® Queso Oaxaca and set aside. Slice off the top 1-½ inches of the pumpkins. Scoop out the seeds and place them in a greased baking dish. Fill the pumpkins with the cheese mixture and chorizo.
- Add 1 inch of boiling water to the baking dish, cover loosely with foil and bake until the mini pumpkins are tender, about 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.