< Back to Blog
Apple Pecan Christmas Salad with Guava Yogurt Smoothie
One of the best holiday dishes to take advantage of the fruit in season is an apple pecan Christmas salad. Traditionally sweetened with condensed milk, I decided to cut some of that sugar and replace it with honey and a creamy Cacique Guava Flavored Yogurt Smoothie. The addition of a hint of guava makes this dish ten times better than the traditional version.
Note: Click the 'Products' tab above to learn more about the Cacique ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the 'Find Stores' tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
Apple Pecan Christmas Salad with Guava Yogurt SmoothieServes 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 2 large apples (green, honey crisp or Fuji apples), chopped
- ½ cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 Cacique Yogurt Smoothie, guava flavor
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- pomegranate arils for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine apples, pineapples yogurt smoothie, pecans, cranberries, cinnamon and honey. Carefully fold ingredients with a large spoon until all ingredients are well mixed. Serve in parfait cups or small bowls, top with more pecans and pomegranate arils.