< Back to Blog
Mexican 5-Layer Dips
Super Bowl Sunday will be here before you know it! And while I don’t really have a horse in the race, I’ll be tuning in for the commercials and to watch Lady Gaga rock out the halftime show. Oh, and there’s also the snacks…
Chips and dips, sliders and wings, you name it; I’m game. Even though pro football isn’t really my thing, I can tailgate with the best of them. I mean, I do live in the heart of Ohio, and I bleed Scarlet and Gray. So game day snacks are kind of my thing.
A good layered dip is always a hit… But you know what I hate? Scooping them out is always so messy. The toppings fall all over the place, and the creamy layers get all mixed together. Solution? Layering them up in little clear plastic glasses makes for an unexpected and fun presentation, with the added bonus of easy serving!
I kept this layered dip to just 5 layers to easily fit the smaller format, but we’re going to pack a lot of flavor into these layers. I started with a layer of refried beans that I thinned out with a bit of fresh lime juice and water. Next comes a layer of guacamole – store bought or homemade, totally up to you. Then I mixed Cacique Crema Salvadoreña with taco seasoning to spice it up a bit, followed by a layer of pico de gallo.
Each individual layered dip then gets topped off with a sprinkling of crumbled Cacique Ranchero® Queso Fresco. I know cilantro can be a bit polarizing, but I like to garnish with it for some fresh green color. Serve with a big bowl of your favorite tortilla chips and unleash your guests on it!
Making big batches of these layered dips for your game day get-together is really easy when you line everything up assembly line style. A one-tablespoon cookie scoop makes portioning out the layers simple – two scoops per layer, then smooth out with a spoon before moving on to the next layer.
You’ll be the hit of the party when guests see you walking in with a tray of these individual layered dips!
Note: Click the 'Products' tab above to learn more about the Cacique ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the 'Find Stores' tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
Mexican 5-Layer DipsServes 8
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) can refried beans
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (8-oz.) container guacamole
- 1 cup Cacique Crema Salvadoreña
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- Cacique Ranchero® Queso Fresco
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the refried beans with the lime juice and water. In a separate small mixing bowl, combine the Crema Salvadoreña and the taco seasoning.
- Set 8 small 9-ounce clear plastic cups out in a row. Using a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, layer 2 tablespoons of each of the following in this order: refried beans mixture, guacamole, Crema Salvadoreña mixture, and pic de gallo. Smooth each layer out in between with a spoon.
- Sprinkle crumbled Cacique Ranchero® Queso Fresco over the top and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro, as desired. Serve with tortilla chips.