< Back to Blog
Mini Beef Subs
The big day is approaching. You know, that special day you can eat all you want, drink all you want and yelling at the television is acceptable. I am talking about Super bowl Sunday! It’s time to start make plans and preparing the menu for the day. If you are still looking for something to make, you can try these mini beef subs. They are the perfect finger food for those meat-eating guests. They are super easy to make and you can prepare the meat ahead of time if you need to. Give these a try. I can guarantee your guests will not be disappointed.
Note: Click the 'Products' tab above to learn more about the Cacique ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the 'Find Stores' tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
Mini Beef SubsServes 6
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 6 mini sub rolls
- 1 lb. Arrachera beef or skirt steak beef
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 cup Cacique Queso Panela, sliced
- ¼ cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 1-cup guacamole, for topping
- 1-teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1-tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1-tablespoon grape seed oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, sear beef on both sides. Remove from heat and slice on a cutting board.
- In the meantime, heat oil and place onion and bell pepper to cook. Add back sliced beef, cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Cook mixture for about 10 minutes or until beef is cooked trough.
- In a baking sheet, place sub rolls and cut a rectangle off of the top of each roll. Fill each roll with the beef and bell pepper mixture. Top each roll with Panela cheese and place in the oven for 10 minutes or until rolls are toasted and cheese is melted. Remove from heat and top with guacamole and Crema Mexicana.
- Cook’s Note: You can add Cacique Chorizo or Cacique Longaniza to the beef mixture for an even more delicious sub filling.