< Back to Blog
Shrimp, Cheese, and Mango Tapas
When one gets together with friends, it’s always a good idea to have something nice to snack on, because there is nothing more pleasant than having good conversation while eating delicious food. Now imagine how great this would be if we do all that, plus watch this year’s big football game too!
That is how this recipe came to be. It’s very easy to make and it is quite abundant, which makes it a perfect choice for parties with many guests. You have the option of serving the salsa in a large bowl with the tortillas chips on the side or you can have ready-made, individual portions by placing a small amount of the salsa over each tortilla chip.
For this recipe I chose Cacique Ranchero® Queso Fresco, because it provides consistency to the mix and also Cacique® Panela Cheese, that adds all the flavor necessary to enhance the taste with a salty touch, thus balancing the sweetness of the mango fruit.
I recommend using fresh shrimp, but if you decide to use them frozen, try selecting shrimp that is not already cooked. It is much better to give the shrimp a brief sauté, which will make them much tastier.
As you will see this is a very simple appetizer, but perfect for sharing, and with a very different taste that will certainly surprise your guests.
Note: Click the 'Products' tab above to learn more about the Cacique ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the 'Find Stores' tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
Shrimp, Cheese, and Mango TapasServes 4
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups of fresh shrimp, peeled
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil or butter
- ½ cup of red onion, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- ½ cup of Cacique Ranchero® Queso Fresco, diced
- ½ cup Cacique® Panela cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Tortilla chips
- In a medium skillet, sauté the shrimp for approximately 1-2 minutes per side and add salt to your shrimp while cooking. After the shrimp is cooked, place them in a bowl. Add the Cacique Ranchero® Queso Fresco, the Cacique Panela cheese, mango, onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Carefully mix everything very well. Let the mix stand for a couple of minutes. Serve a portion of the mix over each tortilla chip.