< Back to Blog
Chicken Salad Stuffed Celery
The Super Bowl is upon us! I’m so excited! Sundays at my home (and Mondays) are football days. We spend the day soaking in every block, tackle, sack, interception and wildly dancing for every touchdown scored. We’re a huge football family, which makes our home the place to be on game day.
I love having a crowd over to root on our beloved Texan team and feast on plenty of delicious game day eats. I am a huge fan of setting up a table chocked full of delicious appetizers. Appetizers are always a hit with my crowd. From wings to nachos to dip – what’s not to love. I also like to serve a few appetizers on the lighter, healthier side that balance out my table.
Today I want share with you an amazing stuffed celery appetizer made with Cacique products. I make sure to keep my fridge stocked with delicious Cacique® products, that take my football game day eats to the next level. From shredded cheeses, queso frescos, and cremas, Cacique® has me covered so I can easily create exciting new recipes every game day.
My stuffed celery appetizer is the perfect balance of crunchy and creamy. I stuff my celery with chicken salad then top it with diced red bell pepper, they are so good. Chicken salad is a family favorite treat at my home, so it was only natural it would make an appearance at my football appetizer table.
I’ve adapted my go-to chicken salad recipe with a few of my favorite Cacique products. Traditionally I make my salad with only mayonnaise, but today I used a mix of Cacique crema, mayonnaise and a touch of Dijon mustard. Chopped green chiles, onion powder and crumbled Cacique queso fresco with shredded chicken complete this salad.
Part of what makes this recipe wonderful is it calls for shredded chicken. I always have leftover chicken in my fridge from the weekend or weeknight meals. I have made this chicken salad with boneless chicken breasts, chicken thighs and even using store-bought rotisserie chicken.
I blend my salad with a hand mixer, but you can also use your food processor. This salad can be made up to two days before game day. I stuff my celery the night before, place in the fridge and top with the diced red bell pepper before serving.
Crunchy, creamy my chicken salad stuffed celery will be a tasty addition to your game day table.
Note: Click the 'Products' tab above to learn more about the Cacique ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the 'Find Stores' tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
Chicken Salad Stuffed CeleryServes 10-12
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup Cacique Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 4 tablespoon Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 ribs celery, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 6 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper for garnish
- In a large bowl add chicken, crumbled queso fresco, crema, mayonnaise, mustard, green chiles, onion powder, pepper and salt. Mix well using a hand mixer or spoon. Using a small fork carefully stuff the celery, garnish with diced red bell pepper and serve. This salad can be made up to two days before game day. I stuff my celery the night before, place in the fridge and top with the diced red bell pepper before serving.