PREP Time15 min
Crab and Shrimp Chile Relleno with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- ½ package (5 oz.) Cacique® Queso Quesadilla, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- ½ cup white or Mexican rice
- 6 oz. shrimp and crab, cooked and diced
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 6 Poblano chilies, roasted and peeled
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup flour for dredging
- Oil for frying
- Crema Chipotle (recipe below)
Mix Cacique® Queso Quesadilla, rice, shrimp and crab, green onion, jalapeño, cilantro and Cacique® Crema Mexicana in medium bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Make a small slit on side of chile and insert 1-2 spoonfuls of mixture per chile. Beat egg whites, then add yolks and beat until fluffy. Holding by the stems, carefully dredge each chile in flour, then dip completely into egg batter. Fry in hot oil, turning carefully, until golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Serve with Crema Chipotle on top.
1 cup Cacique® Crema Salvadoreña
1-2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobe
Mix 1 cup Cacique® Crema Salvadoreña with 1-2 tablespoons chipotle chilies in adobo.
Refrigerate one hour.