These Avocado and Chorizo Stuffed Quesadillas make a delicious lunch meal in just 30 minutes. Stuffed with avocado, chorizo, and Manchego cheese, there is no shortage of flavor in these quesadillas! They are also great for slicing into triangles and serving as an appetizer for a family get-together or party! As I was making them, everyone in the kitchen asked about the chorizo ¬– whether it was ready to eat, if you just slice and serve it, etc., but I quickly explained that the chorizo needed to be removed from it’s casing and cooked, and that I was adding some diced bell pepper and onion to it. As soon as I was done cooking the chorizo, my husband just had to taste test it. He dove into the skillet with a couple tortilla chips and I was lucky I had any left for the quesadillas! But after tasting the Avocado and Chorizo Stuffed Quesadilla my husband told me I could make them again for lunch anytime!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 package Cacique® chorizo (beef, pork, or soy)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 lime
- 1 package Cacique® Manchego cheese, shredded
- 2 avocados, sliced
- optional: cilantro, salsa, sour cream for garnish and dipping
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Cook the Cacique® chorizo by removing it from the casing and placing into a skillet with 1/8 cup of water and the juice of one lime. Once browned, remove any excess fat and water, then add diced red bell pepper and diced red onion. Stir intermittently until cooked.
- Once chorizo is cooked, assemble quesadillas by placing a handful of shredded Cacique® Manchego cheese on half of open flour tortilla, cover it with three tablespoons of cooked chorizo, top the cooked chorizo with sliced avocado (approximately half of one avocado per quesadilla depending on size), and then top with more shredded cheese. Fold top half of tortilla over the cheese and place into a skillet on medium low heat. Cook until cheese is melted and tortilla is browned. Remove from heat.
- Repeat with the other three tortillas. Once finished, you can optionally garnish the quesadillas with cilantro and serve with salsa and sour cream for dipping.