Last year, morning school day breakfast consisted of boring options. Not many of those options were even homemade. I wasn’t the best at mornings. As we gear up for back to school, I already have a list of things I want to do because I want mornings to be amazing for my family. I plan on kicking off each day with something homemade. My only catch is having this homemade goodness be made ahead of time.
This summer I’ve been surprising the kids with delicious treats and tasty breakfast options. My hope was that they’d find a few that they’d like for breakfast that I could make during the school year. I’d been trying out homemade fluffy donuts, fresh fruit muffins, and even mini loaves with special ingredients like Bacon!
Being able to make something ahead of time for breakfast will make my mornings so much easier. I can already see my cake stand filled with pastry’s every morning ready for the kids to enjoy and my freezer stocked with easy heating homemade breakfast options.
Their latest favorite was a total win. I made Bacon Berry Queso Mini Loaves! This recipe has a piece of everyone’s favorite ingredients. The best part is being able to customize them every time I make them because the variety of preserves, jams, and marmalades are pretty incredible nowadays. I love being able to use products I have on hand for my make ahead treats too. Using rich products like Cacique’s Crema Mexicana instead of milk and adding some moisture to our batter with Cacique’s Queso Blanco really help make my treats spectacular.
I hope they enjoy these treats and request more throughout the school year. There’s no stopping me now when I get to enjoy delicious baked goods every morning too. Here’s to starting off to a sweet school year!
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1 cup Cacique® Queso Blanco, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon crumbles
- cooking spray
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Chop bacon and fry until well done. Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil and set aside.
- Preheat oven at 375F degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add all your dry ingredients: Flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and mix together. To the mixing bowl, add eggs, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and Cacique® Crema Mexicana and mix until well combined. Fold in the cheese and raspberry preserves and set aside.
- Coat your mini loaf pan with cooking spray and fill up to 3/4 of the mold. Sprinkle each loaf with a few bacon crumbles and bake for 22 minutes or until cooked through.