If you’re looking for an irresistibly delicious, protein-packed weeknight dinner to whip up in 30 minutes, look no further than these BBQ Pork Chorizo Quesadillas made with Cacique® Pork Chorizo and Cacique® Manchego cheese. This recipe is what we like to call “family-friendly” and is a fun way to get the entire family involved in the kitchen! You’ll need three stations: one for whipping up the BBQ sauce (perfect for a little munchkin), another for assembly (again, good for little hands), and finally, one for cooking the meat! Together, you’ll create a Mexican feast that’s colorful, flavorful, and undeniably the most delicious quesadillas you’ll ever have.
Slightly toasted, these quesadillas offer a little bit of everything: a little crunch, the sweet tang of BBQ sauce, heartiness from chorizo, and a tantalizing creamy, stringiness from the manchego. If your little ones can handle a little heat, squeeze a little Cacique® Jalapeno Sour Cream for even more flavor.
WHAT YOU NEED
- ½ tablespoon canola oil
- ¼ red onion, minced
- 2 jalapenos, de-seeded
- 2 - 9oz. packages Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- ¼ cup of freshly grated Cacique® Manchego cheese
- Flour tortillas
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Cacique® Jalapeno sour cream, to top
- Diced tomatoes
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. Saute red onion until translucent. Add in diced jalapeno and saute for 1 minute. Transfer to a separate bowl.
- In the same skillet, remove the casing on the Cacique® Pork Chorizo and cook according to package instructions. Break down the meat until cooked through.
- Remove the cooked chorizo from the heat and add the sauteed onions and jalapeno and the BBQ sauce and mix until all the meat and vegetables are lightly coated in the sauce.
- Assemble your quesadillas by adding the BBQ Pork Chorizo to a flour tortilla in a layer, adding freshly grated Cacique® Manchego cheese, and topping with diced tomatoes, onions, and cilantro.
- If you like your quesadillas toasted, brush a clean pan with canola oil and heat over medium. Place your folded quesadilla onto the heated pan and toast to your preference. For extra flavor, drizzle with or dip into Cacique® Jalapeno Sour Cream.