We are a very busy family and our favorite time to reconnect is over dinner. One thing I don’t want to do during this precious time is listen to my kids complain about what I made for dinner. Feeding my family every day is not easy, but there is one meal that I made lately that they loved and asked for again and again. These Beef Short Rib Sliders with Chipotle Cream Sauce were delicious and so easy to make.
They were delicious because of the chipotle cream sauce and enchilado cheese. They were easy because there were not too many ingredients. And my kids loved them because they were cute sliders with a ton of flavor that I was able to make just the way they like. I could easily modify the sliders for each person. I made my husband’s slider on a gluten-free bun and my boys had their sliders on a wheat bun without the coleslaw. I had two sliders with everything on them and I wanted more.
This recipe calls for chipotle in adobo sauce. It comes in a can and goes a very long way. I used a tablespoon for this recipe, which was about one pepper with the adobo sauce. If you like your dishes spicier, add another pepper. The leftover sauce can be used for salads or over tacos. The extra sauce can be saved and used for tacos or salad dressing.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 – 15 oz. jar of Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1 - Cacique® Enchilado Cheese (two thinly sliced pieces of Cacique® Enchilado Cheese per slider)
- 1 pound boneless beef short ribs
- 1 bag coleslaw
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (about one pepper with sauce)
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Slider Buns
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Empty container of Cacique® Crema Mexicana in a blender or Magic Bullet with chipotle and garlic salt. Blend until smooth. Put a 16-ounce bag of coleslaw in a bowl and add about ¼ cup of chipotle sauce and mix well. Add more if you'd like it more saucy. Set aside.
- Cut thin slices of Enchilado cheese for sliders and set aside. Coat a pan in olive oil and heat to medium. Sprinkle short ribs with salt and pepper and cook for 2 to 4 minutes on each side until fully cooked. Remove from heat and thinly slice.
- Place 2 to 3 slices of meat on bottom piece of slider bun. Top with cheese and coleslaw. Drizzle chipotle sauce over the slider and add top off bun. Serve with chips or steamed vegetables. Enjoy!