The end of the school year goes out as chaotically as the first of the year begins. Tests, plays, and soccer games mingle with the day to day chores of running a house and a career and can make putting a simple meal on the table nearly impossible. When these cluttered days happen, I reach for the easiest recipes to serve my family. One of our favorite simple recipes is Black Bean and Queso Fresco Pizza.
Obviously, this pizza is a step above your average pizza-joint pizza. It all begins with fresh pizza dough that can be found at most grocery stores in the freezer section and also at your favorite pizza restaurants — just ask for some pizza dough to go. Then I usually enlist the nearest child to roll out the dough while I puree black beans with a dash of chili powder and cumin in a blender. Once the dough is rolled out, I spread the black bean puree over the dough and through it in the oven until the crust is golden and crisp. When it comes out of the oven, I simply crumble fresh Cacique® Ranchero® Queso Fresco over the hot pizza. Avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime finish this tempting pizza off. It’s then brought to the table, sliced and devoured by my hungry family.
Creating a no-fuss dinner in 20 minutes is the goal for most of us when days are hectic. This Black Bean and Queso Fresco Pizza with delicious black bean puree, buttery Cacique® Queso Fresco cheese, fresh tomatoes, and creamy avocado is the perfect meal to bring to the table fast.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Fresh pizza dough
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Cacique® Ranchero® Queso Fresco
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Lime wedges
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 500°F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough until it is 15” in diameter then transfer to a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- In a food processor or blender, puree black beans, olive oil, chili powder, cumin, and salt until smooth. Spread the puree evenly onto the pizza dough and bake until the crust is golden, about 15 minutes.
- Place the pizza on a cutting board and top with queso fresco, tomatoes, and avocado. Garnish with a few leaves of fresh cilantro then cut into slices using a knife or pizza cutter. Serve with lime wedges.