Father’s Day Tostadas made easy with our Pork Chorizo so you can spend less time cooking and more time with Dad.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 6 white corn tortillas
- Kosher salt for sprinkling
- Cacique Pork Chorizo 9 oz, cooked to package instructions
- Cacique Crema Mexicana
- Cacique Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Refried or Pinto Beans, warm
HOW TO MAKE IT
- To make the tortillas: Pour the oil for frying into a large heavy-bottomed pot to a depth of about 2 inches. Place over medium heat and heat to 375 degrees F. Add the tortillas, one at a time, and fry until golden brown and crispy,
- To make the Chorizo: Follow directions on package.
- To assemble the tostadas: Spread the beans evenly over one side of each tortilla. Then add an even layer of Chorizo. Top each tostada with lettuce, crumbles of queso fresco and drizzle with crema.