Quesadillas are our go-to after school meal when errands have to be made and homework has to be completed. Because we are strapped for time, we need something that is quick, easy, convenient and most important, delicious and satisfying.
Ready in 10 minutes or less, quesadillas with Cacique’s Four Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese and a vitamin A-packed cactus salad is the perfect quick dish for anyone with discriminating taste buds. With no silverware needed, each bite is full of the perfect balance of flavors from each of the four food groups.
Compact and ready to go, a cactus salad quesadilla is ideal for school and office lunches. Just a 15 second re-heat in the microwave and a delicious balanced lunch is ready to be devoured.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup Cacique® Four Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1/3 cup pickled cactus, chopped in 1/4 –inch pieces
- 1/3 cup Roma tomato, finely diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat large skillet or cast iron comal over medium heat.
- Place one flour tortilla on the skillet or comal. Evenly distribute 4 tablespoons shredded cheese, 2-3 tablespoons cactus pieces, 2 tablespoons tomatoes and a sprinkle of onion and cilantro. Top with second tortilla and carefully flip quesadilla with a large spatula. Heat for approximately 90 seconds or until cheese melts.
- Transfer quesadilla to a cutting board and slice in quarters. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve warm.