Fall is here and I am ready for all the vegetables this season has to offer. I took some of my favorites and made this no-fuss baking sheet meal. It takes practically no time to prepare and all you have to do is drizzle season veggies with olive oil, place them in the oven, and let your oven do all the work. The roasted vegetables are laid on a bed of warm brown rice and delicious crumbles of Cacique Queso Fresco mixture. Topped off with a tangy Dijon vinaigrette and a sprinkle of savory Cacique Cotija Cheese, this meal is the perfect autumn lunch for large crowd. Make it as your next intro salad or enjoy it as a casual lunch. You’ll love the mixture of fall flavors this tasty dish has to offer.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- .75 pound (about 2 cups) brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup Cacique Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 2 cups Tuscan kale, ribs removed and torn
- 3 tablespoons Cacique Queso Cotija Grated Cheese
- For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place sweet potato, brussels sprouts, onion and chickpeas on baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly roasted.
- Place brown rice and queso fresco in a large serving bowl. Toss to combine.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add roasted vegetables and kale to the rice/queso fresco mixture. Drizzle with dressing and top with Cotija cheese.