Do you really think this football weekend is all about the game? It’s all about the food! Only if you are a super football fanatic you will remember the last few championship matches. I can only remember that spinach dip my sister-in-law serves I look forward to at the end of every football season.
This year, I prepared these tasty cheesy meatball cups with Cacique® Queso Quesadilla Jalapeño that I’m sure will become a memorable game time appetizer time and time again. Compact and ready to be devoured by the football fan with the most the most discriminating taste, you’ll score a touchdown with your guests.
Popular with kids, perfect for picnics, or any event that doesn’t require silverware, these versatile treats are simply put together with only a few readymade ingredients. Bubbling Cacique® Queso Quesadilla Jalapeño gives it that final flavorful touch just in time for kickoff.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent dough
- flour for dusting
- 5 ounces Cacique® Queso Quesadilla Jalapeño, shredded
- 16 frozen meatballs
- 1/2 cup garlic spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare two muffin tins with (16 molds total) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Extend dough on a lightly floured surface. Pull apart dough triangles and press each inside a muffin mold. Covering the bottom of mold and pressing up the sides. Sprinkle each dough cup with 1 teaspoon shredded cheese. Place a meatball on top of cheese, lightly pressing into the dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with 1 teaspoon of sauce and 1 teaspoon shredded cheese. Place back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes more or until dough is golden brown and the cheese bubbles. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley.