This Cheesy Taco Flat Bread is fast to make and great for dinner, covered in melted Cacique® Queso Quesadilla Cheese, cilantro and ground beef.
Some days work can be pretty busy for me and it always involves cooking of some degree. That’s why I need something fast and simple when six o’ clock rolls around, and this Cheesy Taco Flat Bread is perfect! Some people might call this a pizza and I wouldn’t be offended, I don’t think there’s an official difference between the two. This whole recipe takes less than 30 minutes from preparation to being on the table, that’s fast and especially handy if you have smaller mouths to feed who are always hungry. I swear I’ve noticed my kids eat twice as much as they did a couple of years ago.
All it takes to make this easy dinner is some ground beef with simple spices, tomatoes and Cacique® Queso Quesadilla Cheese. This is the kind of meal I like to throw on one of my big wooden cutting boards, slice it up and let the family dive in. I think after seeing what they did to this though, I’ll have to make two next time. As much as this makes a great dinner dish, it would also be great for an appetizer. Just slice into smaller squares and serve on some napkins. It’s so tasty!
I’ve included the spices to make your own taco seasoning but if you have one already in your kitchen you can easily use that. I also usually buy my pizza dough instead of making it from scratch, there’re some really good ones available. Just be sure to buy it fresh and let it come to room temperature as it’ll be much easier to roll. Enjoy your easy dinner!
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 can (14oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 ball (8oz) fresh pizza dough at room temperature
- 3 cups grated Cacique® Queso Quesadilla Cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro including some for garnishing
- Flour for dusting your work surface
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 550 degrees F. Lightly dust a large 13 x 10 baking tray or pizza stone with cornmeal.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and add the ground beef. Cook until it’s no longer pink, drain the fat from the pan. Add the spices to the beef and mix through. Pour the can of tomato into the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Roll the pizza dough into a rectangular shape and transfer to the baking tray. Bake the pizza dough in the oven for 5 minutes poking any air bubbles that appear on the surface. Take the dough from the oven and spread the ground beef mixture on top. Sprinkle some of the cilantro on top of the meat followed by the grated cheese.
- Place the flat bread back in the oven and bake for another 4-5 minutes or the cheese is good and melted. Slice into squares and serve at once with more cilantro if desired.