For the past couple of months I have had to change my diet tremendously. I have gone gluten free and feel fantastic. Going gluten free was not a decision I would have made on my own. I really enjoy eating breads and pastas, but it’s a decision my doctor thought would best benefit my health. And even though she recommended I cut out wheat products, she did say I could enjoy tortilla chips and cheese, my two other all time favorites.
I love breakfast tacos! And when I had to ditch the flour tortilla I was devastated. But no worries, I found a delicious alternative that makes my mouth water just as much. Adding some Cacique® Pork Chorizo sure helps too! Plus when you add in this spicy creamy salsa made with Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria, it makes my gluten free worries disappear!
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Cacique® Panela Cheese, grated
- 10 ounce Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 5 corn tortillas, gluten free
- ½ cup of Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- ½ avocado
- 2 serrano chiles, deseeded and deveined
- salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a medium skillet saute chorizo until cooked through. Add chicken and eggs and stir. Cook for approximately 3 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Add Panela cheese and stir into mixture. Heat tortillas on a hot griddle and flip to cook other side. Once heated, fill each tortilla up with egg mixture. Top with more Panela cheese if desired.
- For salsa, place the crema, avocado and serrano chiles in a blender or food processor and mix. Add salt to taste and mix once more. Top breakfast tacos with salsa and Enjoy!