These Chicken Rolls with Chorizo and Manchego Cheese were inspired by a recipe one of my aunts made every year for Noche Buena dinner (New Year’s Eve dinner). We all loved those chicken rolls, which would quickly disappear leaving us always wanting more.
I made my own variation of her dish by stuffing chicken breast cutlets with Cacique® chorizo and Cacique® Manchego cheese, then wrapping them with bacon. I added a cilantro butter on top and baked them. This was definitely one of the most gourmet meals I have made at home in a long time and was absolutely worth it! I served the chicken rolls with green beans and carrots on the side, which made for a fabulous meal.
If you’re looking for a new recipe for holidays, give these Chicken Rolls with Chorizo and Manchego Cheese a try. The flavors are abundant, the rich chorizo pairing wonderfully with the manchego cheese. I’ll bet you won’t be able to have just one!
This dish is great for entertaining because it can be assembled ahead of time and just put it in the oven before serving. I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I did. Happy holidays!
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Place the chicken cutlets on a cutting board and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place a manchego cheese slice on the middle of the chicken cutlet, then add some chorizo on top. Roll the chicken tightly and then wrap the bacon slices around each roll of chicken and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the sliced onions in the bottom of a baking dish, then place the chicken rolls on top of the onions. In a small bowl mix the butter with the cilantro.
- Pout 1/2 tablespoon of the butter mixture on top of each chicken roll, then bake in the oven for about 35 minutes, basting a couple of times during cooking.
- Remove the toothpicks and serve with your favorite vegetables.