Chilaquiles easily falls into my “go-to” recipe category because first off, not only are they delicious, but they can be effortlessly served for breakfast, brunch, lunch or even dinner. The great thing about chilaquiles is that you can easily mix in any leftovers you have on hand; roasted chicken, pulled pork, or shredded brisket.
Chilaquiles is made with fresh, crispy, fried tortillas and are the perfect vessel to pile up high with your delicious leftovers.
I keep my fridge stocked with delicious Cacique® products, that take my chilaquiles to the next level. From shredded cheeses, queso frescos, and cremas, Cacique® has me covered so I can easily create exciting new recipes whenever my chilaquiles cravings strike.
Today I want to share with you my recipe for chilaquiles verdes, made with Cacique® Crema Mexicana and plenty of yummy queso fresco.
I fried my chips earlier in the day, and then I made a quick and easy salsa verde. Once ready to assemble this dish, I began by heating my salsa verde, which I mixed with a hefty dose of Cacique® Crema Mexicana. I then added some tender and savory shredded brisket to the pan. Once this delightful mixture was heated through, I slowly began adding my crispy fried tortilla chips. Be sure to mix well, since you want every tortilla chip to be coated in this delicious, creamy sauce. Yum.
Serve chilaquiles family style with plenty of Cacique® Queso Fresco, salsa and garnished with cilantro. Enjoy!
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 pound tomatillos, husks removed and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, halved
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 24 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into wedges
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 2 cups shredded brisket
- 1 package (8 ounces) Cacique® Ranchero® Queso Fresco, crumbled
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Place tomatillos, garlic and onion in saucepan and add water to cover them. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer over medium heat and cook until the tomatillos and onion begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, using a slotted spoon carefully place tomatillo, onion and garlic in a blender along with half with the cooking liquid and cilantro. Blend until smooth. Add salt, pepper, ground cumin and blend until smooth.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Working in batches fry tortillas until crisp, drain and season lightly with salt.
- Discard oil, wipe clean and return to heat. Once skillet is heated pour in salsa verde, gently simmer until warmed through. Add Cacique® crema, shredded brisket and continue to gently simmer until brisket is warmed through. Add chips, gently stirring to coat chips in sauce. Serve warm topped with queso fresco.