These ‘Chorizo Mango Taco Bites’ are absolutely loaded, crunchy and makes a perfect homegating / gameday snack. They are easy to make and leaves you wanting more.
Hosting a Game day Party at home? Then look no further as these “Chorizo Mango Taco Bites” are a mix of taco flavors along with fresh fruit and lots of cheese – just the perfect blend for an awesome homegating party. The filling can be made a day in advance and just bake them on the day of the event for that super crunchy snack. Keep some extra for yourself as they’ll be gone in no time!
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- ¼ cup Cacique® Oaxaca Cheese
- ½ cup Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- 4 Tablespoon Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- ½ cup refried beans paste – homemade or frozen
- ¼ cup boiled potatoes – mashed
- 2 Tablespoons jalapeño – chopped
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro – chopped
- 2 Tablespoons green onions - chopped
- 2 Tablespoons mango – fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning – homemade or store-bought
- 6 corn tortillas - quartered
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat a skillet, add ½ cup pork chorizo, taco seasoning and cook for 3-4 minutes (till cooked). Once the pork is cooked, add the refried beans paste, potatoes and mix evenly for a minute. Turn off the heat and cool completely.
- Take a muffin tin and place 2 slices of quartered corn tortilla over each other to form a cup shape (shown in the process picture). Add 1.5 tablespoon of mixture in each corn cup. Sprinkle with Oaxaca cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to touch. Add ½ teaspoon of Crema Mexicana Agria over each cup and place a slice of mango on top. Sprinkle with jalapeño, chopped green onions, cilantro, cheese and serve.