Christmas is almost here, and I’ve got the perfect side dish recipe for you. Remember, the holiday season is all about comfort food! These amazing cheesy scalloped potatoes with crema and soy chorizo is a quick dish that everyone will love. Everyone will ask you for the recipe! While these scalloped potatoes are a brilliant addition to any holiday dinner, it’s also perfect for a cozy, casual dinner on any night! The good part is that you can assemble this ahead of time or even bake it earlier in the day. Just bake to warm it up when you’re ready to serve. Isn’t that amazing? I used Cacique® Soy Chorizo and Cacique® Crema Mexicana for this vegetarian dish.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 ½ lb. Yukon potatoes, washed
- 1 10-ounce Cacique Beef, Pork, or Soy Chorizo
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 2 cups Cacique Four Quesos Blend
- Additional ¼ cup Cacique Four Quesos Blend
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Grease an oven safe dish and set aside. Slice potatoes in 1/8” thin slices using a mandolin slicer and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the Cacique® Chorizo for 7 minutes or until desired crunchiness. Set aside. In a large skillet over medium heat butter. When butter is melted, add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add flour, whisk, and cook for 1 minute. Slowly add Cacique Crema Mexicana, whisking continuously, until no lumps remain and the mixture is thick and coats the back of a spoon. Turn off heat, add 2 cups of Cacique® Four Quesos Blend, cooked Cacique® Chorizo, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until smooth.
- Layer half the potatoes and onion slices in greased dish, pour approximately half of the chorizo-cheese sauce over potatoes. Repeat with remaining potatoes and cheese sauce. Sprinkle top of potatoes with the rest of the Cacique® Four Quesos Blend. Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 60 minutes. Remove foil and bake uncovered an additional 20-25 minutes for extra browning and crispiness. Sprinkle top with chopped parsley.