Lately I’ve been working on recipes that my oldest son can make now that he is living on his own. Minimal chopping and easy to find ingredients are “must haves” – and if you saw him chop an onion you’d understand why! One pan/pot recipes are a definite bonus since I’m competing with microwaveable meals here! Oh, and the recipes should only need a simple side, like salad, bread or rice.
This Chorizo Skillet Pasta is all of that – and it passed the “taste test” with flying colors! Since Cacique® Pork Chorizo is so full of flavor, this Chorizo Skillet Pasta needs little in the way of flavor boosters – but it does need a chopped onion! The rest of the ingredients – canned tomatoes, chiles, frozen corn and noodles don’t need any preparation at all – except a can opener and he has mastered that skill – thank goodness. Just before serving, Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria is stirred in – the creamy slightly sour crema is the perfect finishing touch – making this Chorizo Skillet Pasta creamy and delicious!
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 cups egg noodles
- 1 – 9 oz. package Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 – 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 – 4 oz. can diced chiles
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large, lidded skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until the onion is softened and translucent. Add the chorizo and cook for 10 minutes, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Add the canned tomatoes, chiles and cumin. Stir to combine.
- Add the egg noodles and chicken stock. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cover with the lid. Simmer for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove the lid and add the corn. Stir.
- Add the Cacique® Crema Agria and stir to combine. Serve!