Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- ½ cup plus 1 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil plus more for deep frying, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- 2 tablespoons chocolate flavored powdered
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Combine ½ cup sugar with ground cinnamon in a medium bowl. Heat water in a small saucepan over medium heat, add 1 ½ tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons oil. Whisk ingredients to combine and bring to a boil, remove from heat and immediately stir in flour until a dough ball forms. Transfer dough to a thick pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Line a serving plate with paper towels. Heat 2 inches deep of oil in a medium pot. Gently drop a piece of dough in oil. Oil should bubble over dough when ready. Pipe 3 inches of dough in oil. Gently pipe 2-3 more times to fry churros in batches until golden brown. Remove churros with long-handled skimmer and transfer to paper towel-lined plate to drain for 4 minutes. Transfer to cinnamon sugar mixture and coat evenly. Serve with chocolate cream sauce.
- To make Chocolate Cream Sauce: Combine crema with chocolate flavored powder. Stir until completely combined. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.