The word on my lips this month is THANKSGIVING. It’s simply my favorite American holiday! It already has me daydreaming of pies, turkey, and everything else that comes with it. We’re starting this holiday season with a quick and easy appetizer, Cranberry Jalapeño Queso Fundido Dip… oh my! It’s so ooey-gooey, salty-sweet and mildly spicy.
It truly is the perfect dish to start such an important celebration. The best thing about this appetizer is that it requires just a few simple ingredients and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. Plus it can also feed a lot of hungry mouths! The Cacique® Queso Quesadilla and Cacique® Queso Manchego can be easily found at your local supermarket. You can search here (http://www.caciqueinc.com/locator/) to find the closest store to you.
I am telling you, there is nothing more satisfying than some scoops of this warm, melted cheese accompanied by the crunchy sound of crispy tortilla chips. Ay, ay, ay! I feel like taking out that skillet again and whipping up more cranberry jalapeño queso fundido. I want to gobble it all up, but sharing is a must for this holiday occasion. Especially sharing with those that you are thankful for, all of those who make one’s life amazing. This Cranberry Jalapeño Queso Fundido Dip is certainly one thing that one can make and share with them! It is like an edible present capable of making many happy.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 small white onion, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 10 ounces Cacique® Queso Manchego, coarsely shredded
- 10 ounces Cacique® Queso Quesadilla, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 jalapeno peppers, de-seeded (1 chopped and 1 cut into rounds)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a medium heavy bottom skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions until translucent, stirring occasionally for about 4-5 minutes. Add the wine and let simmer for about 60 seconds, stirring occasionally. Add both cheeses slowly, about one cupful at a time and whisking constantly allowing it to become blended and smooth between additions. Stir in dried cranberries and chopped jalapeños. Sprinkle the chopped rosemary leaves and garnish with the jalapeño rounds. Serve while hot with tortilla chips on the side.
- This appetizer can be prepared 30 minutes ahead if time and let sit at room temperature. To reheat, warm a skillet with the queso fundido over medium heat, then stir until melted and bubbly.