It’s that time of the year when parties begin to happen indoors. From football viewing get-togethers to cozy fall holiday happenings, a good food spread is always a crowd pleaser.
Taco bars, candy bars and baked potato bars have made their appearance in some of the most entertaining parties of the fall but a mac-n-cheese bar? Yes, please!
A mac-n-cheese bar can range from simple kid-friendly ingredients to the most extravagant party food you could ever imagine. From bacon, panko, salsa, chopped vegetables, fancy truffles and healthy greens, your mac-n-cheese bar can set whatever mood you wish to create for your gathering.
A great mac-n-cheese spread requires a great pasta and cheese base. Use thick and short pasta such as elbow macaroni, corkscrew or small shells for the best bite. A great shredded melting cheese is also required. Because Cacique® always has quality cheeses, I was excited to try their new authentic Mexican-style Shredded Cheese. From Queso Quesadilla, to Cotija to Two and Four Cheese blends of your favorite Cacique® cheeses, these shreds have been perfected to take recipes to the next level in flavor and texture.
Because these coveted cheese shreds are so new, distribution is limited to California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington and Arizona, but are becoming available to the rest of the country very soon. To find out if Cacique® Shredded Cheeses are available in a store near you, visit their store locator for more information.
May your fall be full of warm gatherings and great food. Happy entertaining!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 cups cork screw pasta
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup Cacique® Queso Quesadilla Shredded Cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- fried bacon chopped in bits
- toasted Panko or bread crumbs
- chopped Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh cracked pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large stock pot boil water and add pasta. Cook for 12-15 or until the pasta is tender. Drain and return to pot.
- Over medium-low heat, add milk, 1/2 cup shredded cheese and salt. Stir until milk is absorbed and cheese has melted.
- Serve pasta in small individual bowls, top with remaining shredded cheese and garnish with fried bacon bits, toasted Panko or bread crumbs, chopped heirloom cherry tomatoes, or fresh cracked pepper