This dip has been in my family for literally as far back as I can remember. On any given day, it was always on the table. If relatives were coming to town, if there was a birthday party, holiday, or for the Big Game it had to be made. This dip started out as a way for my Mother to get us to eat our vegetables when we were younger, and ever since then, it’s been a staple in our home. It is very near and dear to my heart, and I’m thrilled to share it with you!
Now that I’m grown and have a family of my own, this holds true for our celebrations now too. Game Day always has an abundance of delicious, yet carb-heavy foods, so it is refreshing to offer up a bright and colorful array of vibrant vegetables, with this dip as the main star. This will provide a healthier option for guests, while offering an irresistible tangy flavor, and creamy texture that only Cacique® Crema Salvadoreña can deliver.
Fear not about whether this dip will be a hit. Time and time again, for every single celebration that has been graced by this dip, there are never any leftovers. Take the time to process your veggies from their whole form, as they will be at their peak flavor and appearance, thus more appealing to your guests. During the party, be mindful of re-filling the dip bowl, because it will go fast, I assure you. You might even consider making a double batch, it’s that good!
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1-Cup Cacique® Crema Salvadoreña
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Diced Red Onion
- 1 Clove Finely Chopped Garlic
- ¼ Cup Finely Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Diced Fresh Serrano Chile (more or less depending on how much heat you like)
- 5 Medium Carrots, Peeled and cut into 3-4 inch sticks
- 3 Large Celery Stalks, trimmed, sliced lengthwise, and cut into 3-4 inch sticks
- 2 Cups Bite-Sized Cauliflower Florets (½ – 1 inches)
- 2 Cups Bite-Sized Broccoli Florets (½ – 1 inches)
- 1 Pint Grape Tomatoes (2 Cups)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Place all dip ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate two hours before serving or store overnight to allow the flavors to meld. Mix well before plating. Serve with raw carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, grape tomatoes, and celery.