Meatless meals don’t need to leave you hungry. These double bean quesadillas are super satisfying because of a double dose of protein. Black beans and pinto beans pair with mild green chiles for added flavor. Freshly grated manchego cheese, which melts beautifully, holds it all together. Serve these quesadillas with fresh pico de gallo, which helps cut through the richness of the beans and cheese, and drizzle with cilantro lime sour cream for extra flavor.
This makes a super fast weeknight meal. Mix up the beans and green chiles in the morning to shave off even more time. I like to use a big griddle so I can get them all done quickly, but if you only have a small pan, it’s ok to work in batches. Just make sure both sides are melted and crispy before removing from the pan, because that crisp and creamy combo is what makes these really great!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 15 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces canned mild diced green chiles
- 10 ounces Cacique® Manchego Cheese, shredded
- Olive oil
- 5 8-inch flour tortillas
- Pico de gallo
- Cacique® Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, pinto beans, and diced green chiles.
- Preheat a large griddle or pan on medium heat. Add a small drizzle of olive oil to the griddle. Place one tortilla on the griddle, swirling it around for a second to coat the bottom side in the oil.
- To one half of the tortilla, layer a scant 1/4 cup of the cheese, 3 tablespoons of the bean mixture, and another scant 1/4 cup of cheese. Fold over the top half of the tortilla and cook until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is brown and crispy, turning once, about 5 minutes. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, cooking in batches as necessary.
- Let rest 2 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving with pico de gallo and cilantro lime sour cream.