Everyone loves pan dulce. Place a scoop of homemade dulce de leche ice cream in between two slices of Mexican pand dulce and they will go crazy over this special treat. You won’t believe how easy this popular dessert is to make at home. All you need is four ingredients plus your favorite pan dulce and you’ve got yourself a happy crowd. The secret ingredient to this trendy sandwich is Cacique Crema Mexicana. The crema will keep the ice cream from icing up and will help keep its creaminess for all to enjoy.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 (14-ounce) cans dulce de leche, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 6 mini conchas, sliced in half
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Place dulce de leche from 1 ½ cans in a large bowl, add whipped topping, vanilla and Cacique Crema Mexicana; stir to combine well. Pour in loaf pan then fold in remaining dulce de leche making swirls. Do not over stir. Cover with plastic wrap, freeze 4 hours to overnight.
- Place one ice cream scoop on each bottom half of sliced conchas. Cover with tops and serve.