People think Thanksgiving is all about the turkey. Frankly, it’s all about what SURROUNDS it. Side dishes, rolls, drinks and of course, dessert. This easy creamed corn is amazing! It has tons of flavor and few ingredients. You can even whip it up the day before and just bake it before friends and family arrive.
After you try this easy creamed corn, you will never buy the canned stuff again. It’s so cheesy and creamy. I love how it oozes out during baking.
For this particular recipe I used two different kinds of cheeses: Cacique® Asadero and Cacique® Quesadilla Jalapeño cheeses. Each one has a very distinctive flavor and melt in different ways, which is perfect for a casserole like this one. You get the creamy center with the toasty part on top.
The Cacique® Asadero melts beautifully and has a very creamy flavor, while the Cacique® Quesadilla Jalapeño has a different color, delicious chile flavor and toasts up nicely in the oven.
Both combined compliment the corn and the green chilies. Don’t worry about spiciness. This Easy Creamed Corn is very mild. You can toss some fresh Jalapeño slices for heat if you’d like. I chose to omit them since my daughters will be eating them for dinner tonight.
To make this easy creamed corn all you need is just a few ingredients. Just high quality ingredients that make this dish magical. It’s giving it a nice Latin kick to regular ol’ corn. Now grab a fork and let’s dig in!
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon green chilies, diced (I used canned)
- 4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup Cacique® Asadero cheese, grated
- 1 cup Cacique® Quesadilla Jalapeño, grated
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into squares
- parsley, chopped to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a pot over medium low heat, melt butter. Add the onions and green chilies. Cook until softened. Add corn, milk and cream cheese. Cook until cream cheese has melted.
- Add 1/2 cup of Asadero and 1/2 cup of Jalapeño cheese into the pot. Add salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Pour this mixture in a casserole dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley and serve.