Easter celebrations will be coming up very soon. So of course, I had to share this easy and delish 5-minute broiled Shrimp Gratin recipe to brighten your table. It is comforting, flavorful and can be prepared quickly, leaving you free create even more Easter dishes for your celebration. Cacique has been maintaining its tradition of Mexican-style products for over 40 years, using only the finest ingredients in authentic recipes. And yes, it has remained a family-owned company dedicated to producing the highest quality, authentic products.
This yummy Shrimp Gratin is proudly prepared with two Cacique products, making a perfect gluten-free dish for anyone who chooses to refrain from eating red meat during this Lent period or simply just a weeknight meal for anytime of the year. This dish is inspired by my Brazilian super-fave: Camarão aos 4 Queijos (Four Cheese Shrimp Gratin). Rice, shoestring potatoes, pasta, mashed potatoes, or steamed or roasted vegetables are just a few sides that can be served along with this amazing gratin. And YES, the whole cooking process only takes about 5 minutes. Music to my ears and I bet to yours, too!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1½ pounds (680g) extra-large shrimp (peeled, deveined, tail-off), thawed and patted dry
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 2 sprigs of fresh oregano
- 1 small white or yellow onion, small diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Cacique Crema Mexicana (Grade A Table Cream)
- 2 (10-ounce) Cacique Manchego Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the conventional broiler. Make sure to position the broiler rack approximately 8 inches from the source of heat. Grease a medium baking dish with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and set aside.
- Toss the shrimp, lime juice, and leaves of 1 sprig of fresh oregano in a large bowl. Let stand for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes or until softened. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Do not let brown!
- Spread cooked onion and garlic in a medium baking dish. Drain the shrimp and arrange on top of the cooked onion/garlic mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Mix cream and half of the shredded cheese in a bowl. Pour cream/cheese mixture over the shrimp. Then, distribute the other half of the cheese on top. Broil for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown. Sprinkle leaves of the remaining sprig of oregano on top, and red pepper flakes if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!