Spice up your chicken with these Fiesta Chicken Roll-ups! These are delicious and easy enough for weeknight dinner or for entertaining friends.
Chicken cutlets are topped with green chilies and cheese, then rolled up into a pinwheel shape. A crunchy coating of panko is added before baking for a fantastic finish that’s lighter than frying. Celebrate the season with this delicious meal.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 skinless boneless chicken cutlets
- 4 thin slices Cacique® Queso Fresco Cheese
- 1 4-ounce can mild green chilies
- ¼ cup Panko
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 1 package shredded iceberg lettuce
- Prepared Pico de Gallo
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the 4 chicken cutlets on cutting board and cover with a sheet of saran wrap. Use a mallet to pound them to about 1/8 inch thickness. Discard saran wrap. Place a slice of Cacique® Queso Cheese on top of each cutlet; spread green chilies over top of each and roll up each cutlet tightly. Secure with a toothpick if needed.
- On a sheet of waxed paper combine panko, chili powder, cumin, salt, and cayenne. Mix well. Dip chicken lightly into milk, letting excess drain off; dredge chicken rolls into panko mixture patting so coating stays on. Place in prepared baking dish, seam side down.
- Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside; remove toothpicks from cooed chicken roll-ups. To serve, place a bed of lettuce on plates and set a chicken roll-up on top. Garnish chicken with Pico de Gallo and a drizzle of Cacique® Crema Mexicana. Add tortilla chips on the side and enjoy!