Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 pound dried pinto beans
- salt to taste
- 12 ounces bacon, diced
- 10 ounces Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh Roma tomatoes, roasted and diced
- 4 beef franks, sliced in rounds
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Jalapeño rounds for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Place beans in a large bowl with enough water to cover. Soak for 8 hours. Drain and rinse.
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan stirring constantly until bacon begins to brown. Add chorizo, breaking up with a large spoon to cook evenly. When fat begins to render, add onion and cook until tender; about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, cook for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and franks. Stir until mixture thickens.
- Add beans, stock, bay leaves and salt to taste. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce to low-medium heat to simmer. Cover and cook until beans are tender, about 45 minutes. Discard bay leaves, serve and top with cilantro and jalapeño.