The warmer weather is finally here and I couldn’t be more excited. I was happy I got to dust off my grill and start concocting up some new marinades and rubs for that meat sizzle.
I know that outdoor grilling is all about the hearty protein but what about those appetizers and desserts? We need to shine the spotlight on those too.
I put my thinking cap on and chopped up some of my favorite warm weather fruit and came up with these fun and colorful fruit skewers. I used watermelon, jicama and honey dew to resemble the colors of the Mexican flag for the Cinco de Mayo festivities. I made a couple of sweet dips with Cacique® yogurt smoothies and Cacique® Crema Mexicana to turn this fruit salad into an all out light dessert and sweet ending to a delicious but heavy meal.
Use your favorite fruit combination and celebrate outdoors with these decadent sweet dips. I guarantee you’ll want to use them not only as dips but as dessert toppings to ice cream, cakes and cookies.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- watermelon, cubed in 1-inch pieces
- honeydew, cubed in 1-inch pieces
- jicama, cubed in 1-inch pieces
- large lollipop sticks or 6-inch bamboo skewers
- For Strawberry Banana Cereal Sauce:
- ¼ cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 Cacique® Strawberry Banana Cereal Yogurt Smoothie
- Sliced raw almonds for garnish
- For Chocolate Crema:
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- ½ cup powdered coco
- 1 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Insert lollipop sticks in cubed fruit and set aside.
- Combine cream cheese and yogurt in a large bowl. Mix with a hand mixer at the highest setting for 3-4 minutes or until ingredients have mixed completely. Spoon into a dip bowl, garnish with almonds and serve with fruit skewers.
- Combine Cacique® Crema Mexicana, cocoa and sugar in a medium bowl. Whisk until all ingredients have mixed well. Spoon into a dip bowl and serve with fruit skewers.