Now here’s a recipe for sliders featuring Cacique’s Manchego and Cotija cheese. Cotija is mixed into the meat mixture enhancing the flavor with a robust and salty texture while Manchego is stuffed into the patty so you’re getting a mouthful of yumminess with each bite.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 pounds ground beef, turkey, lamb, or pork
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup grated Cacique Cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 small garlic cloves, crushed with a garlic press
- 6 ounces Cacique Manchego cheese, chilled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 30 (2-inch) soft rolls, such as brioche or pretzel
- Lettuce, sliced tomatoes, pickles, sliced raw or grilled onion and your favorite flavor or Cacique Flavored Sour Cream
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Gently combine meat, eggs, cheese, parsley, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper with your hands. Form 1/4 cup of meat mixture into about 30 meatballs. Push a cheese cube into center of each ball and encase meat around cheese, then slightly flatten each ball to a 2-inch diameter.
- Preheat broiler. Put slider patties on an oiled rack of a broiler pan and broil, turning over once, until just cooked through (no longer pink), 4 to 8 minutes total. Make sliders with toppings and rolls.