I think about the days when I was a young child and how my Tia would always make a festive Halloween gelatina for us kids while her and my mom were busy making our costumes. It was a way to set the mood and remind us that Halloween was not necessarily a scary holiday but one where we could join together and show just how creative or expressive we desired to be. It was some of the best family bonding I recall as a child. What was in that gelatina that was so gooey and wiggly but came together so gruesomely beautiful and allowed us to stack on the creativity? I don’t know, but I love making a creamy gelatina every year during our Halloween festivities. Cacique® Crema Mexicana makes the perfect ingredient to make ghosts, and the Cacique® Strawberry yogurt give the gelatina such a divine taste. Make it! Then you can serve it as a Halloween party centerpiece food, or as a before trick or treating snack, or just an amazing festive gelatina to bring the family together under one roof to continue stacking on those memories. Happy Halloween!
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 10 – ounces coconut flavored gelatin powder
- 1 – jar Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- Gummy candy eyes
- 12 ounces green jello powder (2 boxes)
- 5 – unflavored gelatine powder envelopes (I used 4 individual Knox envelopes) (about 5 tablespoons)
- 14 – cups boiling water
- 12 – ounces purple jello powder (2 boxes – I used grape)
- non-stick spray
- 7 – ounces Cacique® Yogurt Smoothie Strawberry (1 bottle)
- Decorative Halloween Candy (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large bowl mix 10 – ounces coconut flavored gelatin powder with 1 unflavored envelope to combine. Then pour in 3 cups of boiling hot water over powder mixture. Using a fork mix to dissolve powder completely. Then add in 1 jar Cacique’s Crema Mexicana. Whisk to combine. Place gummy candy eyes into a 9x13 glass baking dish, then pour creamy jello mixture over the eyes. Place in the fridge for 4 hours to set.
- Once jello is set, remove them from fridge and run a knife all along the edges of the baking dishes, carefully remove the entire slabs of jello from the baking dishes and with a small knife cut out candy eyes and with additional jello cut out ghosts. Spray a 14 cup bundt pan with non stick spray. Then place eyes and ghosts at the bottom of the bundt pan and on the sides. Set to the side.
- In a large mixing bowl add 12 ounces green gelatin powder with 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatine powder, mix together to combine. Once combined add in 6 cups of boiling hot water and mix to dissolve powder completely. Then whisk to combine. Set to the side and allow to cool for 30 minutes. Pour semi cooled green jello mixture over eyes and ghosts. Place the bundt pan in the fridge and allow to set for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl add 2 boxes purple jello and 1 envelope of unflavored gelatine powder and mix to combine. Add in 3 cups boiling water and mix until powder is dissolved completely. Then add in 7 – ounces Cacique® Yogurt Smoothie Strawberry (1 bottle) and whisk to combine. It will be a dark purple color. Set to the side and allow to cool for 25 minutes. Remove bundt pan from the fridge and pour dark purple jello mixture over the set green jello. Place the bundt pan back in the fridge and allow to set for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove bundt pan from the fridge and using your fingertips gently pull the jello away from the edges of the pan. Do the same for the middle. Then invert jello mold onto a plate. Decorate with festive Halloween candy for a frightening treat.