The way to my Dad’s heart has always been through his stomach. My mami learned this early on in her marriage and has kept his belly happy ever since. After 43 years of enjoying delicious plates of my mami’s home cooking my dad expects, looks forward to a marvelous spread for Father’s Day.
Now that I am married I try to continue the tradition of serving the special men in our life delicious plates of home cooked food. And since its Father’s Day I plan to pamper them with an amazing grilled recipe that I know they will love.
When it comes to celebrating Father’s day fancy napkins or champagne are simply not needed. They could care less about brunch or festive cocktails all they want is grilled goodness, any icy cold beer and a few slices of cake. Father’s Day is all about firing up the grill and serving up a hearty meal for the men.
I decide to revamp my favorite chicken marinade using Cacique’s Crema Mexicana Agria. I always have a bottle of Cacique’s Crema in my fridge to drizzle over enchiladas, to make cilantro cream sauce or to use as a base for my creamy soups. I knew with its tangy bite the crema would gently tenderize my chicken while it infused with the spices. I added a touch of cumin and oregano since they are my dad’s favorite flavors and I decided to top my grilled chicken with a fresh salsa that melds perfectly with the spices.
Using Cacique’s Ranchero® Queso Fresco plus a splash of Cacique’s Crema Mexicana Agria I made a vibrant fresh topping to serve over my chicken. Crisp cumber and red onions are tossed with plenty of queso for a simple, but super delicious salsa. This salsa is amazing served over the tangy grilled chicken and works well over a bed of fresh spinach. My dad couldn’t get enough of it.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 8 chicken breasts, skinless (about 2 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 (15 oz) Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil
- For Salsa:
- 2 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 (10oz) Cacique® Ranchero® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Cacique® Cream Mexicana Agria
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large bowl, combine crema, cumin, oregano, lime juice, salt and pepper. Add chicken to bowl, flip to coat on both sides, and place in fridge to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Remove chicken from fridge, transfer chicken to a plate, wiping off excess marinade and rub lightly with oil on both sides. Grill chicken, 4 to 6 minutes. Turn, and grill additional cook 2 to 3 minutes more.
- In a bowl, combine diced cucumber, diced red onion, crumbled queso fresco, 1/4 cup crema, salt and pepper to taste. Serve chicken garnished with cucumber-queso salad.