Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 5 cups water
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- ¼ cup onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small jalapeño
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 4 corn tortillas
- ½ cup black beans, mashed and warmed
- 4 eggs, fried
- ½ cup ham, cubed
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, defrosted and heated
- ¼ cup Cacique® Queso Fresco, crumbled
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Boil water in a medium saucepan. Add tomatoes and boil until the skins begin to peel. Remove from heat, drain, let cool, cut in large pieces and place them in a blender container. Add onion, garlic, jalapeño and salt and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth.
- Heat 1 teaspoon canola oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Carefully stir in sauce. Fry for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over low medium heat. Lightly fry tortillas until slightly crispy. Do not char.
- Spread warm beans on each tortilla, place on a serving plate. Top with fried egg, tomato sauce, peas, ham and queso fresco.