I know what you’re thinking, now that the New Year is here, it’s time to take a step back and start eating healthier. While that is definitely true, whom are we kidding? Come game day, our diets are going out the window and let the feast begin. That’s why in Mexican homes like mine, we tend to leave the diets for after El Dia del la Candelaria, which is celebrated on February 2. We know that when we get together to watch sports, or just for any reason really, we will definitely eat! It’s just the Latino way.
I would like to share with you a super easy and delicious dip for your game day celebrations. We love making this for our weekend celebrations along with carne asada too. It’s great as a dip, or you can use it to fill your appetizer tacos. Think of it as queso fundido with a creamy twist.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 to 4 strips of bacon, diced
- 5 ounces of Cacique® Soy Chorizo
- 12-ounce can sliced pickled Jalapeños, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 10 ounces Cacique® or Ranchero® Queso Fresco, crumbled
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium and cook bacon and chorizo. Set half aside for topping. Then add jalapeños, cream cheese and crema mexicana. Stir until well mixed. Add ½ of the queso fresco and mix.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Continue to cook cheese mixture until all the cheese is melted. Place cheese mixture into a small baking dish and top with remaining queso fresco and chorizo. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese toping is melted. Serve immediately and enjoy!