Jalapeno popper quesadillas are loaded with melty Cacique® cheeses, roasted jalapenos, and crispy bacon. All topped with Cacique® Queso Fresco and Cacique® Spicy Jalapeno Sour Cream.
Jalapeno poppers are one of my favorite appetizers to order out. There is just something about the combination of a fresh jalapeno with melty cheese that gets me every time.
What is better than a classic jalapeno popper? A jalapeno popper with BACON.
Oh yes, my friends, this quesadilla brings together all the flavors of your favorite restaurant appetizer in handheld form. Combining two of Cacique®’s signature cheeses makes this quesadilla really pop and add an extra flavor dimension.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 medium jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices thick cut bacon 1/2 inch dice
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 10 ounces Cacique® Queso Blanco, shredded or crumbled
- 2 ounces Cacique® Queso Fresco shredded, plus more for garnish (optional)
- Cacique® Spicy Jalapeno Sour Cream for dipping
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place jalapenos in a small bowl with the olive oil, toss until covered. Place jalapenos on a sheet tray and roast for 15 minutes, turning them over halfway through.
- While the jalapenos are roasting cook the bacon. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy or until your desired crispness. Drain excess fat but save the drippings. Carefully remove the seeds from the jalapenos and slice. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or a griddle pan over medium heat, coat the bottom of the pan with bacon grease, not a lot just enough to coat the bottom. Place one tortilla in the skillet and add 1/4 each of the Queso Blanco, sliced jalapenos, cooked bacon, and Queso Fresco.
- Using a spatula, fold over one side over the other to close, press down to seal. Cook until tortilla is crispy golden brown and the cheese is melted. Repeat with the remaining three tortillas. Serve with more Queso Fresco as garnish and Cacique® Spicy Jalapeno Sour Cream.