When the temperature starts to rise, the last thing you want is another hot meal. This Kale and Quinoa Salad is perfect if you are craving some fresh ingredients. It’s super easy to make, delicious, and versatile because you can add as many veggies as you want. With so many health benefits it seems like a no-brainer to incorporate kale into our everyday diet. In my opinion, the key to a quick raw kale salad is to chop up the leaves into skinny strips. Plus, if you have time try to add the vinaigrette a few minutes before serving to let the kale marinate and soften up a bit. This gorgeous Kale and Quinoa is simply delightful! The flavors meld together wonderfully with the sweet ‘n tangy vinaigrette. Let’s make some salad!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch kale leaves, very thinly sliced and thick stems removed
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced (or more to taste)
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup Cacique Queso Fresco, cut into small cubes
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix sweet potato, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender and lightly brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Make the vinaigrette: Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl or jar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the kale with the vinaigrette. You can do this 30 minutes before serving to let the kale to marinate a bit. Add in roasted sweet potatoes, onion, cooked quinoa and almonds; toss to combine. Topped with cubed Cacique Queso Fresco. Serve.