Korean-Mex Chicken Quesadillas are a unique recipe combining traditional Mexican and Korean flavors. We used simple ingredients to create a complex flavor profile that is not only fresh and delicious, but simple to source.
Living in New York, we are endlessly inspired by the popular food truck culture; it has taught us that different ethnic flavors can be brought together to create new and elevated flavor profiles, similar to that of Tex-Mex. Using the Cacique® Pork Chorizo as an ingredient in the marinade along with Korean Gochujang (a smoky, fermented soy-based sauce) gives this recipe a beautiful, yet subtle smoky heat. The Cacique® Crema Mexicana Table Cream, flavored with cilantro and fresh lime juice gives this the perfect sweetness to tame the subtle heat.
We believe that Korean-Mex Chicken Quesadillas are a recipe for everyone to enjoy. Adventurous eaters will embrace the unique flavors, and picky eaters will enjoy the subtle update to traditional Mexican cuisine.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 lb. Fresh Chicken Breasts
- 4 oz Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- ¼ C Gochujang Sauce
- ¼ C Soy Sauce
- ¼ C Honey
- ¼ C Vegetable Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ½ C Cacique® Crema Mexicana Table Cream
- ½ C Finely Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 12 Inch Flour Tortillas
- 6 oz Cacique® Cotija Cheese
- 6 oz Cacique® Queso Fresco
- 1Tbsp Vegetable oil or Cooking Spray
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine the Cacique® Pork Chorizo, Gochujang Sauce, Soy Sauce, Honey, Vegetable Oil and Garlic and mix until well combined. Transfer to a zip-lock bag and add chicken. Seal bag trying to eliminate as much air as possible. Make sure chicken is well combined and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- Preheat outdoor grill and remove chicken from marinade and place on grill over medium heat and cook until an internal temperature of 165°. While chicken is cooking husk and place one ear of corn on grill and cook until partially charred, remove the chicken and corn from grill and allow to cool. Dice chicken or hand pull chicken apart based on preference. Cut corn off cob and set aside.
- While cooling, prepare Cacique® Crema Mexicana Table Cream by mixing it with the juice of the lime and the cilantro.
- To assemble the Quesadilla, brush the tortilla very lightly with oil or use cooking spray and place on grill set to low. Top with ½ C cooked chicken, ½ C Cacique Cotija Cheese, ¼ C Cacique Queso Fresco cheese, ½ C corn, and any other toppings of choice such as diced onions, peppers or extra cilantro. Allow to cook until cheese has melted. Remove from grill and place on cutting board. Fold Tortilla in half and then cut in half. Serve with the flavored Cacique® Crema Mexicana Table Cream.