This recipe for Monkey Bread can’t be any easier and one you can prep the night before. Finding ways to cut down time in cooking and baking without compromising taste – is very important to us. So, we would never steer you wrong. Try making this cake/ bread for your next gathering or event. It is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 cans of refrigerated - large biscuit dough
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp grated lemon zest; about 2 lemons
- 1 cup CaciqueⓇ Crema Mexicana Agria
- 1 cup powdered icing sugar
- Approx 4-5 tsp grated lemon zest; about 2 lemons (personal preference)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Grease a large bundt pan well and set aside.
- In a small bowl put the 4 tbsp melted butter. In another small bowl, combine the ½ cup sugar and lemon zest.
- Roll bun dough into 1” balls and dip first in butter and then cover in lemon sugar mixture. Place in greased bundt pan. When all the dough has been used, cover with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel, and set in the fridge overnight (OR just let it rise on the counter for 1-2 hours and bake that day).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap or towel from the bundt pan and bake, uncovered for 55-65 minutes. If your top buns are browning too quickly, place a piece of tin foil over top after 30-40 minutes and continue baking.
- Glaze: Combine all glaze ingredients. Make sure cake is room temperature before you drizzle over monkey bread. Then let sit for 15-20 minutes for a thicker glaze.