I love nachos, especially the homemade kind that are loaded with good cheese and fresh ingredients. There is something extra delicious about hot baked nachos right out of the oven with all the extra toppings. These Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos are a fun homemade twist on the classic version of nachos with the addition of homemade sweet potato chips as the base. These nachos are loaded with black beans, corn, Cacique® Queso Fresco, veggies, cilantro, salsa, and Cacique® Crema Mexicana. Your taste buds are sure to be delighted with every bite that you savor. This is a super easy recipe that can be customized for you, a family gathering, date night in, or a party full of friends. You can swap black beans for refried beans or jalapeños for red peppers. The skies the limit with these Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos, so pile them high with fresh veggies and your favorite Cacique® ingredients!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 15.25 Ounces Black Beans, rinsed
- 3/4 Cup Corn, fresh or defrosted
- 1/2 Cup Cacique® Queso Fresco
- 1/2 Cup Lettuce, chopped
- 1 Vine Ripe Tomato, diced
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1 Jalapeño, sliced and deseeded
- 2.25 Ounces Black Olives, sliced
- Salsa, to taste
- Cilantro, to taste
- Cacique® Crema Mexicana, to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- 1. First, preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, wash, peel, and thinly slice the sweet potatoes. As you slice the sweet potatoes place them in a bowl of cold water.
- Cover a large baking sheet with foil, place a wire rack on top, and spray with oil. Pat dry the sweet potatoes and place them in a thin layer on the wire rack. You may need two wire racks to fit all of the sweet potato slices. Drizzle with 1 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges of the sweet potatoes begin to crisp.
- Remove pan from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Place the sweet potato chips on a baking sheet sprayed with oil. Top with beans, corn, and Cacique® Queso Fresco. Bake for 10 minutes. Once baked top with your favorite veggies, salsa, cilantro, and Cacique® Crema Mexicana. Serve immediately and enjoy!