In my book, lobster tacos conquer the famous lobster roll any day. Succulent lobster, fresh corn, creamy avocado, and sultry chipotle cream wrapped in a warm corn tortilla creates one of the best bites known to mankind. It’s also one of the most luxuriously indulgent tacos that calls for a special occasion, and I have just the occasion in mind — Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day is the perfect time to indulge those ladies you love with a special treat. When I was thinking of what I was going to cook for my mother, I decided on something that was simple, could feed a small crowd, and that would certainly impress — it had to be lobster tacos.
These just aren’t any lobster tacos, but lobster tacos with chipotle crema. Silky smooth Cacique® Crema Mexicana blended with smoky chipotle peppers and a touch of adobo sauce brings a uniquely delicious flavor that pairs beautifully with lobster. Creating this heavenly combination starts by combining the crema with the peppers and adobo until smooth. Next, sauté fresh sweet corn, shallots, garlic, and plump cooked lobster in melted butter. To make it simple I purchased steamed lobster claw meat at the market, but steaming or boiling lobster tails or even a whole lobster at home in advance is an option. After that, it’s as easy as warming tortillas, building tacos, and drizzling the chipotle crema over this amazing flavor combination.
These distinctively delectable tacos met with some high praise at our house and brought a big smile to my mother’s face. This Mother’s Day, give these delicious and simple Lobster Tacos with Chipotle Crema a go; then sit back and watch everyone happily dig in.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 12 ounces cooked lobster, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a bowl, mix to combine crema, chipotle pepper, and adobo sauce. Set aside until needed.
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot and sauté until the shallots are translucent, about 3 minutes. Add corn, lobster, and salt and sauté until the lobster is heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Taste and add additional salt, if needed.
- Heat tortillas in a skillet or comal until slightly golden.
- Once tortillas are warmed, fill each tortilla with lobster and corn mixture and garnish with a few avocado slices, cilantro, and a drizzle of chipotle crema. Serve.