It’s always a challenge to pack something fun and enticing in a school lunch box. We must vary the contents on a daily basis with food that is kid-friendly and that could be daunting as the school year progresses. We tend to fall into the dreaded school box lunch rut and that could result in uneaten lunches and food waste.
Pizza is always a good idea and a guarantee that it will be easily devoured. Luckily, this recipe for mini pizzas are small enough to fit in the lunch box and are easy to prepare in just a few minutes. With the convenience and ease of Cacique’s Four Quesos Blend Shredded Cheeses, I save a significant amount of time while at the same time, don’t compromise the taste of these delicious mini pizzas.
You can customize your own toppings. I decided to add a little bit of Cacique® Cotija cheese to the marinara sauce and finish them off with chopped salami and crumbled Cacique® Soy Chorizo to pack on the flavor. Serve them with a nice portion of fruits and veggies and send off the kiddos with a tasty lunch they will look forward to enjoying when lunchtime comes around.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 English muffins, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ¼ cup Cacique® Cotija Cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup Cacique® Four Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese
- 8 salami or pepperoni slices, chopped in small strips
- ½ cup Cacique® Soy Chorizo, cooked
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place English muffin halves, cut side facing up on lined baking sheet. Set aside. Place marinara sauce in a small bowl. Stir in Cotija cheese. Brush each muffin’s cut side with olive oil. Spread 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce. Top with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheeses, sliced salami and soy chorizo.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and muffin edges are golden and crispy. Remove from oven and enjoy. If packing mini pizzas for lunch, wrap in aluminum foil to keep from cooling too quickly.