My favorite kind of food to bring to a party is fresh, easy, packed with flavor, and preferably something you don’t need to turn the oven on for. This Mexican Coleslaw with Spicy Jalapeño Dressing is all of that, and much more. The crunchy cabbage, sweet corn kernels, and red bell pepper slices are a perfect match for the tangy, slightly spicy jalapeño dressing. And the Cacique® Queso Fresco crumbles on top bring the right amount of umami and comfort.
This would make a perfect addition to any Dia de los Muertos fiesta. You could eat it as is as a side dish. You can top a taco or tostada with it for some extra crunch. Or you could add some grilled chicken, or black beans for a plant-based protein option, to make it an easy main.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 5 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup corn kernels (raw)
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Cacique® Spicy Jalapeño Sour Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces Cacique® Queso Fresco
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Toss together the cabbage, corn, bell peppers, and cilantro in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, Cacique® Spicy Jalapeño Sour Cream, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and mix until well-combined. Plate in a serving bowl and crumble the Cacique® Queso Fresco over-the-top.