This delish Mexican Tortellini Salad with Crema Dressing is perfect for picnics, barbecue parties and potluck gatherings. It keeps well and can be served chilled, making it super easy to pack and go wherever you need it to go. I used to buy pasta salads at from my local grocery store, just because it was convenient, until one time I started making it myself and realized how much better it tastes when it’s homemade and fresh. My family love this one so much, and it’s incredibly easy to make. So, I hope you give a try soon!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 (12oz.) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) sweet corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded, finely diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (10oz.) Cacique Queso Fresco, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup avocado, cubed (optional)
- Crema Dressing
- ½ cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Black pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Prepare the crema dressing: whisk together crema, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt and pepper, until smooth.
- Cook the tortellini according to package instructions, drain and let them cool. Place the tortellini, black beans, corn, onion, serrano pepper, tomatoes, and Queso Fresco in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing over tortellini mixture, tossing to coat. Cover and chill at least 20 minutes. Sprinkle fresh cilantro. Serve. Garnish with avocado if desired.
- Cook’s Note: You can replace serrano pepper for jalapeño pepper, or you can just omit them if you don't want any heat.