Rather than a traditional quiche made with a pastry crust the “crust” in these quiches are salad croutons. These mini quiches are great for breakfast or brunch made with robust and earthy Cacique® Pork Chorizo and buttery Cacique® Oaxaca cheese in muffin pans. Once baked top them with a dollop of full flavored and tangy Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria.
December 16 marks the beginning of Las Posadas. Mexican families participate in nightly Christmas processions that recreate the holy pilgrimage of Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus on their way to Bethlehem. Special customs include breaking piñatas and enjoying traditional Mexican dishes such as tamales. If you are planning to celebrate Las Posadas more than likely you will have a houseful of family, friends, and neighbors.
These mini quiches can be served hot or cold and will be a welcome guest for your holiday gathering. Impress your company with this clever, simple, and delicioso spin on a traditional quiche.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup salad croutons
- 5 ounces shredded Cacique® Oaxaca Cheese
- 9 ounces Cacique® Pork Chorizo, casing removed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Brown chorizo in a skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently.
- Divide croutons, cheese, and cooked chorizo among 12 greased muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Divide egg mixture among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from muffin pan. Serve warm or at room temperature with a dollop of Crema Agria.