Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 cactus paddles
- 10 green onions
- 10 ounces Cacique® Longaniza, casing on, sliced in half
- ½ pound medium raw shrimp, peeled- tail on, rinsed
- ½ pound seasoned skirt steak (or fajita style meat), sliced in strips
- 5 ounces Cacique® Queso Fresco, cut in large slices
- 1 cup green or red salsa, warmed
- Warm corn tortillas to serve with
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 250° F. Place a large molcajete on a backing sheet. Place in oven to keep warm. Heat large comal or skillet over low-medium heat. Make a few slits on cactus paddles and place on skillet. Place green onions next to cactus paddles and cook until tender and a bit roasted, turning frequently with tongs. Set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Place longaniza on hot pan, turning frequently with tongs. Do not break casing. When longaniza renders its fat, place shrimp next to longaniza and fry until fully cooked. Remove from heat. Continue cooking longaniza for 5 minutes or until completely cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook skirt steak (or fajita meat) until desired doneness. Set aside. Carefully remove hot molcajete from oven with oven mitts. Arrange cactus paddles over the edge of the molcajete, place cheese slices, longaniza, shrimp, steak and onions in molcajete. Pour over warm salsa in molcajete. Serve with warm corn tortillas.